DAYEdalera

Friday, February 06, 2009

Things that kept me from blogging...

This week has been GOOD and BAD for me.

My sister, Ate Kaye, passed the US administered IELTS (Hurray! that despite her impaired listening skills, she passed the listening exam). She is still yet to take the Step 3 of the US Medical Licensure Exam and for sure she will pass. Hopefully by mid-quarter of this year she’ll become a full-pledged American doctor.

I signed up my contract with my new job. The opportunity looks promising and exciting as well. I will have a new boss which I love calling Señor (he is a descent of a Spanish clan); I guess Señor is generous, he gave me a raise even before I start my work. I will have new officemates and hopefully will make new friends. Officially, by March 2, I am a certified Makati executive. The salary is a lot better than what I have now which means the work is a lot worst too.

My Tito Emil was diagnosed with “Acute Hemorrhagic Pancreatitis” and has to go through an emergency operation, the operation was successful but he’s still in the Intensive Care Unit for recovery. I never imagined that my jolly and joker uncle will lie in bed almost unconscious of what is happening in his environment. My Tita Sonia, his wife, has been suffering from anxiety and for almost a week was sleepless, she was in grief yet hopeful that my uncle will be fine in two weeks time. We are all hopeful. We are praying.

I resigned from my present work; the Boss was supportive of me exploring a new pursuit though I felt his sadness too. The resignation talk was short as I previously have told him I am job hunting. He told me “good luck” and wished me just the best. I will miss him, his intelligent commentaries, his lectures, his stories especially. Justice AEBN was really one of a kind and certainly one of the best bosses I ever had.

My Lola Amanda celebrates her 89th birthday today. She is still pretty. I long for his tinumis and suman which I have not tasted for quite some time since she had her Alzheimer’s disease. She’s now bedridden and at the twilight of her life, I would love to have her for another 89 years. I love my Lola Amanda so much.

I only have three weeks to wind-up in my SC work. I still have about six raffled cases. I have to do some overtime. My teaching work is on pile too, I have not given Midterm exams yet and soon I have to give the finals, I still have to check and read their online quizzes and to compute the grades just before the deadline of submission for graduating students. Sigh. Migraine attacking.

Two of my students didn’t make it to UP-LAE, I am sad because I know they will make good lawyers someday only if given the opportunity. I hope they will still try other universities.

Hopefully, next week will be better and happier. Happy weekend!
posted by daye at 4:19:00 PM

2 Comments:

dear lil'sis,
ajah!ajah!
sumxs i'm already scared of askin' "how's everythn'?" wen i know evrythn's not fine esp abt tito emmil. I'M SCARED and really WORRIED... but i really appreciate evry email updates fr u.. i'm always praying here ( don't u worry ). i'm taking good care of mom during my free times ( dat u can always be assured of- to lessen ur worries among others =(

love u,
ate kaye

9:55 PM  

Jan Richard A. Renes BPS IV-2

1. In one way or another, treaties are unavoidable. Although, there are other types of diplomatic methods that states can perform in the conduct of International Relations, in a world such as what we have now, treaties have become a staple of Amity and Cooperation between nations that every single country recognizes.
2. States enter into treaties in order to agree on a certain definitive goal. States, in the conduct of its international and diplomatic relations, also aims to ensure that they get the most benifits in there agreements.
3. Implementation of treaties inside a sovereign state depends on the domestic laws. In the Philippines, there are certain instances when International agreements like covenants and conventions that are self-implementing and does not need a domestic legislation. But for the most part, treaties require domestic law to be passed as an implementing legislation.

(i'm from state B)
4. As seen, we have not observed proper protocol like exchange of documents, because for the most part, the negotiations were mere oral and discussion based.
5. State B had a difficult time negotiating with state C for a compromise deal that would ensure their exclusive LPG contract, including negotiating with state A for a deal on water exportation for the water needs of our state. State C wanted not only an exclusive LPG deal but an exclusive bilateral relations altogether, which our state was not in favor of. So due to these facts, our state had no choice but to put forth a unilateral rejection for the treaty with state C, and now moving on with a treaty with state A.
6. Our state, as I see it, clearly gained a lot from the treaty with State A, even if we rejected the former treaty with state C. Our state gained our water needs, and in fact got a blessing in disguise, by escaping an emotionally unstable relations with State C that demanded an exclusive bilatreral relations with their state alone, which was unacceptable since that is not even part of the original treaty with them, which only talked about exclusive LPG importation.
7. As I stated in number 6, State B not only gained something but actually gained more than the others. State C lost its relations not only with state B, but also with state A, by emotionally rejecting the compromise agreement that was concocted in the negotiations, due to "tradition and tradition alone". State A on the other hand gained a new ally and LPG. Our state not only gained water for its water shortage, but also started a new LPG deal with state B.
8. Our state, in my opinion, won in the negotiations. Although, there would have been more things that could be exhausted in order to maintain relations with State C, but at the end of the day, they were the ones who turned down the compromise deal which would have been a win-win solution for all states.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home