DAYEdalera

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

LOVER’s MOON

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had the chance to look upon my window a week ago and I noticed full moon. My grandpa called it lover’s moon. He said that such state of that heavenly body pulls gravity which scientifically leads to high tide during full moon, the union of two bodies if you look from afar, water and heaven. He believed that is the most romantic union of nature. I have read the same from science books but only my lolo gave such interpretation. On the second thought, I also remembered that when my Lolo Pitong and Lola Mandang eloped riding from Bigaa, Bulacan station of Philippine National Railways to Blumentritt station in Manila it was also a full moon. So for my grandpa, full moon is always the lover’s moon. Way back in high school, a CAT Officer burdened me in finding the lyrics of the song entitled “Lover’s Moon” after the girl of his dreams gave her the (not so) sweet “yes”. I thought then that many believed how powerful the moon can bring passionate and romantic emotions. Truly indeed, I remember one full moon which became so significant to me and “my life”.

I was looking at the lover’s moon when suddenly I felt my union with nature; it was long time ago since I last looked up in the sky. After I finished my General Science class I never bothered to make track of the moon’s state. Being an emotional vampire, that union with nature reminded me of my busy schedule. I found myself in tears, pouring out all the stresses in me. After about twenty (20) minutes, I realized what really burdens me is not working, teaching and studying, it is that I became selfish through years thinking that I can do it myself. I failed to LOOK UP once in a while to commune with God. After a while, I need to stop and continue with what I am supposed to accomplish until 2am. I laid my head in my pillow at 2:30 am and prayed gratefully for He gave me a sign to LOOK UP to every now and then to experience the GREATEST LOVE he has for me.

That realization conferred the best reason why it is called the LOVER’s MOON.

**************************
Trivia: “Many are called, but few are chosen” I was called to serve God and have tried searching in an Augustinian convent not so long ago. But I was not chosen to be part of that service. He gave me better options and opportunities to look into and until now I still don’t know what is His will.
posted by daye at 12:52:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home