DAYEdalera

Friday, August 17, 2007

Lolo's Song

My sweetest memory of my childhood are as follows;
* the most special Milo mix in my yellow Evenflo feeding bottle prepared by Lolo Pitong.
* the cradle tied underneath the stairs of my Lolo's old wooden house.
* the lullaby he sang before I sleep.

May isang puno ng granada,
hitik na hitik sa bunga
Papano Neneng ang pagkuha?
nalililigiran ng sinta...Ay!

Ihuli mo ako Neneng,
ng isa ibong Kilyawan
Barilin mo't patamaan,
ngunit huwag mong palampasan...Ay!

Magpakulo ka ng tubig,
kumukulo ay malamig
Himulmulan mo ng mainit,
balahibo'y huwag maalis...Ay!

I can't help being nostalgic, my Lolo will celebrate his birthday tomorrow. It's almost seven years or more since he passed away but every night before I sleep I can still hear his fascinating voice singing his lullaby...

I don't now if the song was originally composed by Lolo or it is an old town "oyayi' or a folk song, but just the same it is the best song I ever heard. A song which lingers my heart and remained in my ears and cradles me every night to the memory of my Lolo's love.

Happy Birthday Lolo. Thank you for taking care of me the way no other man could beat. :)

Labels: , , , ,

posted by daye at 4:32:00 PM

1 Comments:

DAYEEEEEEEEE!

we're still aliveeeeee! :D

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home