DAYEdalera

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

last nights trilogy

PART 1 : TERMITES

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Imagine how stressful it was if one day you find out that an empire of termites bugged your greatest wealth.

It was uncalled for that I am opening my law books since I don’t want to get hold of my own books after the bar exams. It was “dementorizing” (pressure boosting) seeing my crazy marginal notes during the review, my countdown before the bar exams and all desperate prayers written at the last page. However, in aid of a friend who want to save a little of her hard-earned money by borrowing my Labor Review book, I had no second thought.

Ohayo! A termite said when I pulled from the shelf two books and suddenly a troop of military termites started to protect their colony…

Goosebumps on my part seeing them in my books, the books that I have loved selflessly, the one I sleep with for years, my midnight companion, closest to my heart especially on times that I personally carry it with my bare hands and most of all those books were the only asset I have acquired in my four years of government service.

Last night was STRESSFUL THAN THE BAR EXAMS..



PART II: MOVING OUT

What was more stressful is moving into another place all the stuff from my apartment for the pest control.

(Imagine these x 3)

An entire bookshelf full of law books.
A closet of clothes that will last for three months without laundry.
A rack of Cosmopolitan/Newsbreak/Time magazines.
Around 20+ boxes of shoes/sandals.
Around 30+ of bags.
Girl stuff (accessories, stuff toys, novels,etc.)
Plus the home appliances.

At 1 A.M., we are already homeless. What’s left of us is a house invaded by termites crawling in the floor.



PART III : SOGO HOTEL

Though in a company of two liberal yet extremely conservative ladies, I insisted that we should find some place to sleep. I cannot read the cases assigned to me if I lack some sleep.

Dyarannn! We checked in at Sogo Hotel Sta. Mesa. I am quite hesitant, but at the middle of the night when shame is the last thing in your mind, you would argue “hindi nakakahiya kung wala kang gagawing masama”. We waited for our room and in the waiting area, I saw two couples, the first couple is obviously college students, akalain mo nagpunta doon naka-nursing uniform pa! Aba kung ako nanay nung girl, kinaladkad ko yun pauwi.

At last, I had a hot bath and a sound sleep after. I woke up sill stressed of what happened last night.

Whew….
posted by daye at 4:49:00 PM

1 Comments:

Roomie! This made me think of my stuff in Asturias. Yaiks, baka pinupulutan na ng mga anay! :((

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home