DAYEdalera

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chapter 2: Taking the First Step

On October 19, 2000, the day after those dreadful and heart-breaking seminar choices, the long talks with my friends Doris and Rey and the crying myself to sleep scenario, I woke-up with my heart still in misery, I pretended to be fine as my Dad accompanied me into the bus terminal. I tried hard to ask for my ‘baon’ - allowance for Baguio in the most normal way I can, I am avoiding the probability of Dad asking me if there is anything wrong, I know that question would trigger an incessant flow of tears. I am a self-proclaimed drama queen (DQ) but I guess, I will get my acting award on those instances that I tried to portray comedy or else in times of my real-life drama.

I headed to PUP for the last day of my enrollment service. I entered the Student Orgs Office (W-213) and immediately was blown by his name atop his vacant desk, he left already for Cebu. I am leaving for Baguio by midnight. We haven’t talked a bit about it, what I remember was his eyes who sought my understanding and the thought – ‘I can no longer understand’ yet I’ve said – ‘It’s ok.’ The day was long. I think that day was my longest day ever.

At 5:00 PM, Kuya Jan gave me last-minute instructions for the HR Seminar in Baguio, I don’t think I listened to him until he introduced me to somebody.

Kuya Jan: “Daye have you met him before?”
Daye: “I guess.”
Kuya Jan: “I’m sure both of you met at CityState event we had last month.”

The guy was mysterious with a quirky smile, not to mention his ‘simpatiko’ appeal. I smiled back. I am sure that was the first smile I made during the day.

To be continued…
posted by daye at 11:32:00 AM

3 Comments:

dear littlesis,

i remember na... the simpatiko guy? sya yung katabi mo sa bus papuntang baguio nung maysakit ka pa nga diba? that was ages na rin kc pinuntahan mo pa ako non sa boarding house. remember? see, i know which one is significant among many guys you fell in love w/ ( jak. jek. jik. jok. juk.)

love,
your beautiful ate ( mwah!)

12:49 PM  

Sis!

you are pre-empting my story...

4:18 PM  

kapag daw sad ka, may pinapadala si GOD na magpapangiti sa'yo..

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home