DAYEdalera

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Daye on Goodbye

Goodbyes are always sad and leaving good people is even sadder. It tears my heart that I will be leaving the Supreme Court of the Philippines on the 2nd of March. I can’t help but be nostalgic in remembering the good times I had with this honorable institution.

At the Supreme Court, I had my first case, I learned the procedure of collegiate deliberations, I have attended Committee meetings, oral arguments, retirement ceremonies and actually have drafted a controversial decision for the Justice. This is where I borrowed books during my last year in law school and during my bar review, this is where I learned the fact that I passed the 2007 Bar examinations.

More than the nostalgia of the place, leaving my officemates is even sadder. I will miss the love of Tita Dolly and the funny flirtatious caring of Ate Irish. I will miss my Manang Delight, her points of view in life and our Mc Donalds afternoon. I will miss Atty. Bel, our morning rides and her adorable Raj. I will miss Nysagurl and everything about my bestfriend and little sister in the Court.

I will miss our lawyers, whom I have shared legal opinions and thoughts. I will miss the admin staff and the food they always share. I will miss the boys especially Kuya Lito and their willingness to help me do my errands. I will miss Atty. Issa, the JSH, and her on-the-spot assignments for the agenda.

Further, I will miss the Boss, his childlike expressions of “Ano na?”, “Wow!”, “Yey!” whenever he follows-up a work and when he appreciates a work done. I will miss his ice cream treat, his jokes, his stories, all of his kindness.

Surely, I will miss the 8:00-5:00 schedule, the flag ceremony, the shuttle service, the JDF and SAJJ, the bonuses, the cheerful guards, the birthday parties, Luxor, my own little corner, the flowers for Mama Mary, Rollos, my PC and internet, the Time and Reader’s Digest subscription of Justice, and a lot lot more.

Now, I feel more than being nostalgic…. I don’t want to leave. I love the Supreme Court.

But…Only the brave goes for a scary and uncertain flight and I am going. I am not brave, I will try to be brave and face this new career challenge, I promise to return to the service of the Judiciary someday, maybe when I am better, stronger and brighter.

For now, I am taking a flight, hoping that the persons I will miss will be proud of me someday.
posted by daye at 4:25:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home