DAYEdalera

Friday, October 24, 2008

Chapter 3: Cough Appeal

Before Midnight, I and Doris were already at the KALIPI-NHQ, as both of us were so tired of the enrollment service, we both fell asleep hugging each other so that neither would fall from the space we share in the bench. Kcali tapped my shoulders and said that we are about to leave in 10-15 minutes. (Oh! Eric, you were such a very gentleperson, that tap was amusing, it is soothing.)

“We are leaving for Baguio” I thought to myself. I reminisced how for the past week I am anticipating what might happen in Baguio, will ‘We’ (figuratively) finally end up being committed? Then, I was brought back to reality, this Baguio trip will never be the way I expect it to be. Sigh.

When we were about to leave, I noticed ‘Mr. Simpatiko’ sitting in front of the television, I never thought he’s coming with us. I need not admit, he caught my attention and to my mind I gave an unsolicited comparison:

Mr.Council – formal, decent-looking, handsome, responsible, leader, known him for three years, HURTED ME.

Mr. Simpatiko – rugged, snob, good-looking, CLEAN TOENAILS, and I cannot go beyond physical attributes, I don’t know him.

I scolded myself. It’s bad to make comparisons, and thought “just for fun and to make me smile for a while.”

At the bus station, I received a text from Mr. Council – “Cebu was great. Take care. Enjoy your HR seminar”. I asked myself – “How can he be so insensitive?”.

I am seated next to Doris, across was Eric and Mr. Simpatiko. I am not feeling well, I have colds that is about to be a flu if the aircon will be persistent in giving me a chill. I prayed the rosary and fell asleep. Two to three hours later, I woke up thinking we were in a stop-over. Nada! The bus broke its clutch, we are still in Pampanga and since the driver took a detour, there is a least chance of bus transfer, I thought to myself – “Shit happens.”

It’s already 6AM when we were able to transfer in a more disgusting bus. Eric being the generous that he is offered me and Doris some chips for breakfast, before it reached me somebody objected. I heard Mr. Simpatiko remarked – “Malas daw pag may inuubo. Bawal yan sa kanya, baka malasin pa tayo lalo.” which to my ears meant – I am a jinx. I took revenge by giving him my sharpest look.

to be continued…
posted by daye at 4:03:00 PM

4 Comments:

blogoserye....

sarap nman maging extra... best actor ako in a very very very minimal supporting role, hehehehe...

nag-aabang ako sa mga susunod n mga kabanata...

5:13 AM  

sharpest look sa isang simpatikong lalaki?! bad... hehe!

1:24 PM  

blogoserye...yeah! what a good avenue for Drama di ba? haha.

Awaiting other comments,
Daye

5:34 PM  

Hi nysa.

Yeah...sharpest look in a simpatiko guy means he has to give reverence to a Goddess...ahahahahaha!

Ate daye

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home