DAYEdalera

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lolo's girl

I declared today a "holiday" because it's my Lolo's birthday. I excused myself from work to be in Bulacan.

We had a family lunch, though it was never the same when Lolo was still alive. :( I remember balloons, ice cream and kid's stuff during Lolo's birthdays then, my Lolo just loved to have kiddie parties, maybe because he wants us (grandkids) to enjoy his party, that's why I always look forward to August 18.

The lunch featured Lolo's favorite handa; Lechon, Tinumis, Pansit Malabon and Escabeche. ;( We still have pansit for long life though he's dead, because we want him to forever live in our hearts.

Oh! I so miss my Lolo... Happy Birthday Lolo Pitong!
posted by daye at 7:53:00 PM

2 Comments:

Roomie, happy birthday to Lolo! I'd like to think I was a lolo's girl, too. My two direct lolos died when I was young. :(

3:34 PM  

Roomie,

I met only one Lolo, who took cared of me til I was 17.

Lolo's are best.

Glad to hear you're lolo's girl too..

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home