DAYEdalera

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Always a FIRST-TIMER in Dean Aligada's Class

After my satisfactory recitation in Crim Law Review (Nov 22), I hurriedly went to the office. I have to admit, I am not yet comfortable with my not so good schedule this semester. So that you may be able to understand my case, here are the facts: 3x a week I have to do this routine: Sta. Mesa-UST-OSG-UST-Sta. Mesa. That’s the hardship I’m going through by being an independent lawyer wannabe (cguro mapride din ako, ayaw magpatulong kay dad) .

It’s 3:45 PM and I’m still at the premises of OSG because I still have to prepare one more correspondence for my boss. I just hope I can reach UST by 4:10 so that I won’t be late for Civ Rev 2 class with Dean Aligada (Oh! I am 5 mins. late yesterday).

As expected, I am 10 mins late and I entered the room just in time he finished calling my name. Aggghh! I have to submit again a piece of paper stating my name and that I am late...Nagalit si Dean! (according to him he don’t care what time latecomers will leave home or workplace so long as in his class we should be there exactly 5:10).

OMG! I haven’t really studied for this class because I prepared too much for Dean Ortega’s class. Cross fingers and praying, I heard Dean Aligada called my name. As expected, I WILL BE RECITING for the second batch.

His question dealt with RECIPROCAL OBLIGATIONS vs. BILATERAL OBLIGATIONS. My answer was not good enough, again as expected.

I felt like a first timer again. First timer in reciting to my most revered professor in law school. (He is comparable to Prof. Keynes of “Love Story in Harvard”)

And I know I will be reciting daily except on Thursdays until the Christmas break..

Hay! I have to set-aside all things so that I can at least have a mark of “FAIR” in my card. I still remember what Dean Aligada told us way back in my first year in Law:

“You have to be extraordinarily intelligent before you can get a grade of 78 in my class. because in Civil Law, I am next to God.” - Dean Aligada
posted by daye at 6:00:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home