DAYEdalera

Thursday, November 30, 2006

good side of typhoon "durian" a.k.a. "reming"

Never thought I would somehow appreciate typhoons.

I always make "sermons" if my students were asking if there will be classes during typhoons. My reply would always make them realize that wishing for typhoons will mean thousand of families will lose homes and even it may take lives.

What I appreciate now was that typhoon "Durian" a.k.a. "Reming" will somehow help in restoring the water level in Angat Dam which for two weeks now is causing water shortage in certain Metropolitan areas. Second, the "NO CLASSES" declaration of President GMA last night saved me from reading almost 40 cases in Tax classes and an exam covering it's general principles and estate and donor's taxes. Third, I can stay at the office to finish paperworks which will fall due on Dec. 4 (Monday).

Last Monday (Nov. 27), I declared myself DRAINED and no more energy for the succeeding work/school days. An aftermath of a not so satisfying weekend I had and Civil Law Review Recitation days which for me resulted to an awful display of ignorance in front of Dean Aligada.

Now I have to thank God for this "rain" of blessings. After hearing the news from a friend, My energy level was regained and my hopes for better days next week were revived.

Enjoy your long weekend guys and make the most of the cold weather to hug your lovedones. It would probably be the last typhoon for year 2006.
posted by daye at 10:48:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home