DAYEdalera

Monday, May 21, 2007

exclusionary rule and bar review

After a month of study "exclusionary rule" seems to be my most encountered principle of law.

In Political Law - the doctrine pertains to pieces of evidence obtained in violation of a criminal defendant's constitutional or statutory rights not being admissible at trial.

In Labor Law - the doctrine likewise excludes additional benefits granted gratuitously to workers for a long period of time and shall not be considered integrated as part of basic salary.


In Taxation - the doctrine applies to certain items in the National Internal Revenue Code which are excluded from the scope of the power of taxation of Local Government Units (a.k.a. Doctrine of Preemption in Taxation)


Ideally, in bar review, lawyer wannabe's should practice the same. Yes, the burden of excluding certain privileges, matters, leisures that would go contrary to the substantive goal of passing the bar examinations. I know of some friends who quit smoking to lessen stress. I know of some who defies blogging and friendster for the meantime that they are 'round the clock reading in the library. I know of a girl who broke up with her boyfriend. I know lots who gave up sleeping for (8) eight hours. I know some who even excluded themselves from their family and rented an apartment so that they may study alone. I know of friends who resigned from work.

Thinking of those circumstances made me feel guilty that I am not doing my best to exclude somethings that I know for now are not helping me to pass the bar exam; Telenovelas, Sleep, Unfinished business at work, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Chickahan with friends, Comfort of Home, Shopping and Blogging; they are my BIGGEST TEMPTATIONS.

More or less three months before the exam and I still can't gear myself up to study. I should be dying of guilt at the moment because I stopped reading and consumed almost an hour in the net.

Oh my God! Please send me all your angels that I may resist those temptations and start practicing the "exclusionary rule".
posted by daye at 5:47:00 PM

4 Comments:

ei littlebabs, what would I say when I can't understand those legal terms... well, just stoppin' buy to remind you again how blah and blah has been studying seriously. Anyway, thank you for the comment but sorry I don't really know how to change the font when 'twas already posted. I can't even edit my new post! I have entwisted together and forever. Gosh , i'm a mess when it comes to technology.

6:15 PM  

gladys here, tamad me log-in...

broke up with her bf?! that's a bit exag i must say. i too am guilty of the same things as you are, but i believe in my heart that our years in law school are not for naught. we did not toil for nothing. bar review is not starting from scratch, it's a refresher. let's listen to atty. d. and focus on the "dangerous" areas. there's still plenty of time. :)

*and i hope i truly believe what i just wrote* :D

6:36 PM  

Hi ganda! musta? long time, no see...no hear? hahaha! tama ba yun? hehehe! =) aba, at abogado ka na pala wow!...tagal ko ng walang balita sa inyong lahat, miss ko na kayo, SUPER! GRABE!....ganda-ganda mo pa rin ha! hehehe! =)

2:41 PM  

at sino naman ang aking anonymous commenter?

pero kung sino ka man, di ka marunong magsinungaling.hahahaha.

though, I am not a lawyer yet.

thanks for dropping by.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home