DAYEdalera

Monday, October 08, 2007

the Writ of Amparo and my weekend work

After the bar exam, I am expecting happier weekends.

DVD Marathon. Movies. Shopping. Salon. Spa. Videoke & Bar (the happier kind where beer and bands rock!). Sleep. Dates (lagot kay Dad!). Beach, Sun and Sand.

Out of the above plans, I managed to do partial DVD marathon, I wasn't able to finish Grey's Season 3 even. I've been to two (2) comedy bars with friends, the first is a commitment, the second time is to support a fund-raising activity of KALIPI. The rest remained in my "deferred list of activities".

I only had one week vacation from the bar exam. Although the Boss is kind enough to offer me another fifteen (15) days, I have no face to give in to the offer. The Boss is the person whose kindness I cannot abuse. So, after a short recovery period from shock, bar trauma and disorientation I tried to regain my old life..the life of a harrassed and not so well p@!d government employee who has no right to go on strike. (haha!)

Two hours after I warmed my seat at the office, the Boss gave me an assignment. It was an inherited task from one of our lawyers in the office. Guess what? The assignment is to make digests of significant cases in Political law covering years 2006-2007. That sounds easy, but in the Philippines where political law jurisprudence is very rich due to certain political and Constitutional issues prompted by our politician's corruption and attempt to make a mockery of public service, making digests of Political law cases is really burdensome. Moreover, the task was very much like reviewing again for the bar (Waaahhhhhh!).
The task is due end of October, so I have a little luxury of time.I planned to finish the 100 or so cases, 25 cases each week, 5 cases per day.

So my dream of happier weekends is still possible.Until, the Boss received an invitation to lecture on the new Rule on the Writ of Amparo for military officers and on a later date to municipal court judges. When I saw the invitation in his desk last Thursday, I had the most fearing hunch that there will be no happier weekend waiting for me.Like a fortune teller, my hunch turned to reality. After the Boss read the invitation, with no second thought, he called "daye!". I know I am the only person not so busy yet in the office because all others has pending work and I just returned from months of leave in the office, so who am I to oppose?

It was Thursday afternoon when the Boss confirmed the Amparo work is mine and the deadline is the following Monday.So indeed, all my plans for the weekend turned out to be an appointment with the laptop and bundles of papers and research.

Although, being one of those persons who has read the new Rule on the Writ of Amparo, the substantive and procedural aspects, historical background and development, I can say IT WAS FULFILLING and the awe I saw when the Boss have seen my powerpoint presentation and his kind words of appreciation is PRICELESS.

Anyway, I can look forward to better happier weekends. :)

***
I am supposed to post and publish my work on the New Rule on the Writ of Amparo so that I can humbly contribute to those who are making legal research on the subject, but that would preempt the lecture of the Boss on October 11. So in any case, if someone is interested, I can e-mail the primer just let me know. (wink*)

Labels: ,

posted by daye at 6:55:00 PM

4 Comments:

daye!

could you e-mail it to me sa pinktwistedhalo [at] gmail [dot] com? bigay ko lang kay DA, hehe. :)

2:07 PM  

:( i know what government is. i've been there. miss you!

10:50 PM  

hi! i'm Grace. i was searching for this topic and i came into ur blog. i really need some more info regarding this matter and i thought your work would be a real big help. so can u pls send it to me at udonomi@yahoo.com. Thank you so much.

9:29 AM  

an-g here!

HANDS UP!!

ibang klase ka talaga daye..

bonggang-bongga!!

hehehehe!

missu!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home