DAYEdalera

Friday, August 08, 2008

2008 Bar Examinations

In a month, there will be a rush of lawyer-wannabes leading to La Salle to hurdle the bar examinations.

I am sure all of them will feel like they know nothing about the law when they enter the gates of the war room. I should know, I've been there last year. It is ironic that I cannot remember the definition of "gerrymandering" that 5:30 a.m of September 2, 2007 when in fact, I have been teaching Philippine Constitution for four years while I was busy preparing myself for the bar exam. I entered the gates with crossed-fingers wishing that question would not be asked and praying hard that if I will fail the bar it would not be in Political Law lest I will forever lose my credibility in teaching, second that would insult the Boss.

I am sure all of them will feel a certain imbalance in their physical being. In my case it is an imminent vomiting in seeing other bar candidates, diarrhea or hyperacidity, I don't know what it is actually that I took both a dose of Loperamide and Antacid not knowing that it has an extreme effect to my digestion on the following days. Nervous breakdown?.... hmmm I attributed the fact from so much coffee and organic black chocolates with a coffee bean inside it. Sleepy eyes yet bothered mind and a pounding heart.

I am sure they will receive the biggest surprise in their lives. Question No. 1 in Labor was my biggest surprise, that "What is the principle of co-determination?" question which made me think for at least ten minutes only to realize I have not encountered the word in my lifetime. Caution: when the bar examinees encounters the surprise, maintain your composure and read the follow-up question it might give you a hint.

I am sure after the first sunday half of them will be thinking of not going back for the next sundays but only a meager 1% will decide that way and 49% will think that "kasubuan na ito!". So, on the first Monday after the exam I thought of not studying and instead watch Boy and Kris and Game k n b? but after lunch my mom keeps on nagging me to study Civ and Tax.

I am sure that on second sunday they will be bothered by the way they answered Tax. General rule, not all are good in tax. Exception: CPA's. I belong to the general rule and although Tax is my favorite (Owwwwwssss? convincing myself...), I find my answers will ONLY get a perfect mark if correction is based on penmanship.

I am sure after the second and third sundays, many of them is already planning an alternative career. Singing? Showbusiness? Politics? to being a full-time housewife/band. Hahaha!

I am sure that on the fourth sunday, all of them is thinking of JUST how to finish the exam and how they will spend the days after Remedial and Legal Ethics. At 3PM, when they overhear the drums, cheers and popping bottles of champagne or beers outside La Salle, the officially burdening waiting period will start and the impatience and obsession of the bar results will kill their hopes.

I am sure that the morning after the last Sunday they will wake up with a boggling question in mind : "What now?"

To the 2008 Bar Examinees, All the best and good luck to the most hard to forget and hard to repeat (NO!NO!NO!NO!) EX(am)PERIENCE in life!

Mileth, Cor, Pao, Kuya Rodney, Dale, Mama Gene, GT's and 4C Classmates, I am looking forward to meeting you in the legal profession and in the ministry of the law. See you in court!

Labels: ,

posted by daye at 7:51:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home