DAYEdalera

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chapter 4: Lunch Break and Breaking up

We reached Baguio right before lunch. Oh! I'm so hungry.

The programme for the HR seminar actually started, eleven of us were actually late. After the registration, I felt uneasiness as I learned my KALIPI group will be divided among the five groupings for dynamics. My heart felt relief as I saw my name next to Eric at the "Commission E" listing. To my surprise next to my name was "Mr. Simpatiko" who I viewed that moment more as "Mr. Antipatiko", anyway, I am happy that I won't have to deal with other people so much because I have two KALIPI with me plus I have the opportunity to get even with that man who just gave me a 'jinx' stature.

During lunch, I received a text from Mr. C - "Baguio ka na? Take care. Enjoy your lunch ms. sweetie." I am too hungry and did not bother to reply. I was thinking - "As if you really care." What is significant about lunch is I am with the same table as Doris and Eric, prospective lovers as they are I sat between them, I just have to maintain the barriers and won't allow Doris to get a boyfriend before me. Haha!

Mr. Simpatiko: I guess Daye you need to transfer, you are blocking Eric.

Eric replied : Ows?! Why don't you instead exchange seats with Doris, she's blocking you right?

Doris and I exchanged meaningful looks. Hmmm. I guess Mr. Simpatiko likes me and castigated myself - "I am such a conceited pretty lass."

Mr. Simpatiko continued eating and tried to change the topic of the conversation.

After lunch, we proceeded to attend the 'rose activity' its like an ecumenical prayer that you have to offer red roses in the ceremony. It was solemn. I saw Mr. Simpatiko kept one rose in his pocket but tried not to be inquisitive. We are not friends.

I am having goosebumps, the temperature is starting to kill me. I was coughing the whole time. Mr. Simpatiko and Eric offered me a jacket. Of course, I accepted Eric's offer.

Nothing is significant the whole day except I was thinking of Mr. C and how to dump him gracefully. I don't want to be a martyr, loving, YET NOT OFFICIALLY COMMITTED first lady of a good politician. That is against my rules.

On the first night, the group walked from Brettonwoods to Burnham. A 20-30 minute walk as estimated. Mr. C was persistently texting me and I just don't care. I was walking with Mr. Simpatiko and we are starting to be friends. He was smart to have engaged me in a conversation. He asked me about my grandfather and it was magic, I started talking about "Lolo Pitong" and my childhood pleasantries. Later, I felt comfortable walking with him.

As I have said: "Suddenly it's MAGIC."

The lunch. The rose. The walk. All was magical yet still insignificant.

That night, what is significant was, I finally found the courage to text Mr. C - "Don't bother texting me. You can never make amends. I am enjoying Baguio without you."

to be continued..
posted by daye at 5:37:00 PM

5 Comments:

san kaya papunta to???hmmm. ewan ko pero i feel a happy ending.

7:45 PM  

Kuya Tops,

Happy ending? that I am not sure yet..but hopefully.

Maam Daye

5:20 PM  

hay mam daye! im in a hurry, doing some important stuff you know.. and leaving ate weng sa cashier para pumila.. naman, nkakahook un lovestory mo... pa thrill pa po keo.. =)..
kaylangan subaybayan ang susunod na kabanata! hehehe

10:12 AM  

thanks coulet for reading... and for doing the stuffs for the moot court.

see you on the 3rd. =)

12:51 AM  

thanks coulet for reading... and for doing the stuffs for the moot court.

see you on the 3rd. =)

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home