DAYEdalera

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Seminar Loving Happens So Fast...

Seminar loving happens so fast... lalalalalala..

Funny thing about conferences, there will be a lot of opportunity for you to meet people and most of the time you meet someone who likely shares the same interest and then you share a lot of happy moments during the conference..

After the workshops, delegates usually explore the city or go to the bars or malls nearby and from there you can decipher who has some involvement with his co-delegates..the set-up is known to be "SEMINAR LOVING".

During this conference in Jakarta, I've seen two couples.

The group being Liberals never mind if the couples were missing sometime during the conference or they are blatantly displaying public affection or they are doing some HHWW (as in holding hands while walking) or they be sure seatmates at the bus. All were just happy noticing their sweetness and all.

The sad part is when the seminar is over. It was heartbreaking to see their "parting time". I've seen how they said goodbye and it was like a tragedy in a romanic novel where lovers has no choice but to be apart from each other.One went home in his Christian country and the other has to stay in her Muslim city. The other couple is yet to have another day in Jakarta and though I cannot witness their own parting time because my flight is ahead of them, I can imminently feel the sadness in the air.

Hmmm...I'm not talking for myself huh?! It's just that seeing the two couples made me feel a little bit nostalgic. I once experienced "seminar loving" seven years ago and I'm grateful that until now there is yet no "parting time" for us and I'm hopeful that there will be no such.

Labels: ,

posted by daye at 9:01:00 AM

4 Comments:

Seminar Romance! :D You missed the earthquake, roomie!

Parting times are hard, whatever the setting. But doing it in a foreign country, and leaving for separate cities, or countries, that's like straight out of a romantic movie! Glad to know romance is not yet dead. :D

3:42 PM  

hi ma'am daye. nice blog.

7:52 PM  

hi twisted halo...

yeah.parting time is really difficult. It is always heartbreaking.

Should I say I'm into parting time every 8th month? Haha. :) at least its not parting time indefinitely.

see you soon.

9:08 PM  

hi lawrence..

thanks for taking time to visit my blog. :)

maam daye

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home