DAYEdalera

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Baby Case

I started drafting decisions this January 2008 for the Boss. Yesterday, I submitted what I called "my baby case". I labored for it for 29 days, it was nothing compared to the output of our lawyers in the office, they can submit an average of 4-5 decisions a month. Yet, since I don't draft decisions full time because aside from being a CASE MOM, I am also an 'AGENDA JEDI' who does job for en banc and division hearings and some administrative work.

My Baby Case is an Administrative Matter (Ooops! Sorry I can't discuss the facts of the case.), it was hard to decide on matters involving suspension, dismissal and forfeiture of retirement benefits of your co-civil servants. It was even harder when the respondent is a mere clerk of the Judiciary whom you know is probably raising a family on her own. But, I am constrained to imposed the sanctions provided by law : "Dura Lex Sed Lex."

I tried not to be harsh in my words. I adopted the lightest penalty recommended. I tried to apply "compassionate justice."

The Boss is becoming impatient because he wanted to exceed the quota cases required per Justice of the Court. So, when I submitted the draft for the perusal of our judicial staff head, she smiled. And when the Boss came to her table, his sharp eye noticed my draft.

JSH: "Kay Daye po 'yan Justice."
The Boss: "Ah ganon? Pwede ko na basahin?" (get hold of the draft, turned his back,
went to his chambers.)
JSH: (looks at me. Smiled.) "Hindi ko na nabasa 'yun."
Moi: "Ngak!"

The Boss started reading my draft. I asked Ms. Gorgeous if from her place she can see the reaction of the Boss. She told me, the Boss is already correcting my work.

The feeling is coming back to me: Trembling. I don't know what would I do if I happen to see a big X mark in my work. The tension lasted for thirty minutes or more.

The Boss: "Daye, sa 'yo ba ito?"
Moi: (I just stared at him.)
The Boss: "Ok na ito, pwede na ipaikot bukas."

Wheeeewwwwwww! What a relief. Seeing my work with just minor revisions, it made me the happiest person yesterday.

JSH: "Uy, may justice mind na s'ya."

I smiled.

For now my goal is to have the title "ATTY." first. Let's keep our faith, with God's help and in God's time I know it will happen.
posted by daye at 3:46:00 PM

5 Comments:

roooooomie! you are sooo ready to be a justice! :D

my work gets revised pa rin, although mostly sa for, (like i put verification and certification when verification lang pala dapat, haha!)

5:54 PM  

* that should read FORM not for, haha!

5:55 PM  

daye, you're one true sentimental girl : ) i think i guessed right with your sign? Never mind if ur still waiting for that title, but from what i sense, you're one smart lawyer already. God Bless!

8:51 PM  

hi roomie. i posted this entry before i learned of the 10% dementorizing fact..Niwei, in time we will learn how to do these things better. :D

let's keep our patience and faith. miss you roomie!

9:21 AM  

hi soriano.

thanks for dropping by and for reading my senti posts. :D

i would appreciate if you tell me your name.I happen to know several soriano's among my friends.I can link your blogger account too in my blog roll. :D

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home