DAYEdalera

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chapter 5: Moving On Per Accidens

On our way back to the hotel from Burnham, Mr. Simpatiko and I passed by the street where my sister’s dormitory is located. I told him – “My sister lived there.” He replied asking – “Aren’t you going to visit her?”. “ I will.” I said. “When?” he countered. “Tomorrow morning, I will drop by the Cathedral and proceed to my sister’s dormitory.”

“CAN I JOIN YOU?”

I was hesitant to answer but his eyes were hopeful. I said – “Sure… but I will be leaving early to attend the 6AM mass.”

“OK. I WANTED TO HEAR MASS TOO.”

Before bedtime, I told Doris that I enjoyed Mr. Simpatiko’s company. Doris was negative and told me – “mas mabuti na ‘yung masama pero kilala mo, kaysa sa mabuti pero di mo kilala.”. She meant one thing – I should take caution in entertaining Mr. Simpatiko, we’ve only met few days back.

I took precaution and did not call Mr. Simpatiko the following morning despite our agreement last night.

I went solo to hear mass and proceeded to Ate’s dormitory. I told my sister, I am flirting with someone (excuse me for the word..) My Ate Kaye is always supportive but she told me smiling – “seminar, seminar, seminar. You’re still young; maybe let me have a boyfriend ahead of you”

Back to the hotel, what an unpleasurable encounter with Mr. Simpatiko at the staircase. He frowned at me. I didn’t say anything, I am guilty for not complying with our agreement the last night.

He did not ask me anything. He simply ignored me the whole day.

Oh! I was so affected. He doesn’t speak to me. He never assisted me on lunch. Never joined my table. He showed me absolute ICEcold treatment. That day was never the same like yesterday. I felt SADNESS.

After the afternoon workshop. I realized, the whole day I was not thinking of Mr. Council and not a second I remembered him, I was thinking instead – “How am I gonna say sorry to Mr. Simpatiko?”. Is this actually moving on per accidens? If it is, thanks to Mr. Simpatiko.

It was a happy accident – SERENDIPITY.

to be continued..
posted by daye at 12:44:00 AM

2 Comments:

hahaha mala-"chery gil" ang role ko ahhh hehehe... great that gil had proven that indeed first impression doesn't last.

Doris

12:34 PM  

oh my... i've disclosed Mr. Simpatiko's identity.. hehe.. don't post it ha, para may thrill hahaha.

take care,
doris

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home