DAYEdalera

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chapter 10: Beach and Stargazing

We arrived in La Union before dinner time. Since everybody was so excited to swim, we had dinner immediately. I shared the dining table with “Hepa Guy” and I wasn’t able to control my amazement seeing him eating just veggies, I really admire vegetarians because I know I can’t and won’t be like them.

I saw Mr. Simpatiko from afar, he was talking to Mae girl and other LGBT advocates, I don’t know if I was jealous but my inner self detested the idea and instead thought that Mr. Simpatiko was jealous of “Hepa guy”. Yeah! I am conceited but that was my brainy self, my soft bones cannot deny the fact, I’M JEALOUS.

After dinner, we immediately went swimming. There, I was able to talk with Kuya Rodney, we talked about law school, being a lawyer, law stuffs. I was so enthusiastic then to enroll in law school after college that our talk lasted nearly two hours when suddenly, Doris was pestered by itchiness. We came to the rescue; it was a sting from a jellyfish. After some first aid, Doris suddenly had fever which cut-shorted the swimming fun. I joined her at the cottage and there we fell asleep.

About 1AM, Eric knocked at the door and brought Doris some analgesic. Being supportive, Jorie asked me to go out. I told Doris, we will just go out and breathe.

At the terrace of the cottage, I and Jorie were chatting when Mr. Simpatiko and some people passed-by. Mr. Simpatiko invited us to walk in the beachfront. We agreed.

We walked without slippers and felt the sand in our feet. We walked and talked. Mr. Simpatiko gets hold of my elbow as we walked. That’s it! That’s the last of my standards of a gentleman. He passed.

In a while, I noticed, I and MR. SIMPATIKO were ALONE TOGETHER in the shore. I can’t see Jorie and the other guys, I thought – “must be of my poor eyesight.”

Mr. Simpatiko pointed a dying bonfire and invited me to sit near it. I obliged.

He continued the ‘love talk’ and I just listened until he asked:

Mr. Simpatiko : “Nagtataka ako, maganda ka, matalino, mabait, bakit hindi ka pa nagkakaboyfriend?”

Daye: “Hindi pa siguro time. Wala pa akong nakikita na kayang intindihin yung sschedule ko eh. Hirap baka mapabayaan ko ang PSS, gusto ko pa mag-Law, saka yung gusto ko (referring to Mr. Council) ambisyoso masyado, hindi ko kayang sabayan.”

Mr. Simpatiko : “Paano kung dumating yung tao na willing intindihin yung schedule mo, yung dreams mo, tapos pareho pa kayo ng standards sa relationship, gugustuhin mo nab a magkaboyfriend?”

Daye: “I will cross the bridge when I get there. Wala pa naman akong nakikilalang tao nag anon eh, saka ko na lang pag-iisipan kapag nandiyan na sya…”

Mr. Simpatiko: (persistently) “Paano nga kung nandiyan na? Yung di mo lang napapansin pero nasa tabi mo na pala….”

I looked at the stars in the sky and said – “Hindi pa rin ako magboboyfriend.” I courageously asked the next question – “Nanliligaw ka ba?”

Mr. Simpatiko: “Hindi naman ako naniniwala sa ligaw di ba? I like you and if you like me, let us commit and I will court you forever.”

Daye: “If you will insist on that, HINDI pa rin.” - “Naniniwala kasi ako sa courtship, sa getting-to-know process, hindi tayo pareho.”

Mr. Simpatiko: “Ang worry ko baka hindi na tayo magkita after nito, at least kung tayo na, may reason para magkita pa tayo.”

I raised my eyebrow and told him – “Lame excuse. We are in the same school. We are both in KALIPI. We have the same circle of friends. Kung gusto mo talaga, magkikita at magkikita pa rin tayo.”

I saw Jorie and company heading towards us, they told me that Doris and Eric were already prepared for our 5am schedule bound to Silang, Cavite, the three of us are leaving ahead of the group because Mileth invited us to their town fiesta.

On our way back to the cottage, Mr. Simpatiko said – “Just leave your bag and other stuff with me, so that you can travel light to Cavite and that I will have a reason to see you again in Manila.”

to be continued…

Labels: ,

posted by daye at 12:04:00 PM

2 Comments:

just read Chapters 1-10.
kinikilig tlga q!!!
BITIN!!

3:03 PM  

Hmmm...

better late than never, though you missed out the blogoserye fun. :D

keep reading!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home