DAYEdalera

Friday, November 14, 2008

Chapter 8: Laying the Cards

I am ready to go to sleep, but Doris was persistent – “Daye, it’s our last night here, let’s join them playing cards.”

(Btw, Doris had her own “twitting” moment in Baguio, but I have not yet able to secure permission to publish it.)

I agreed though I am already sleepy, ironically after a dose of Decolgen-No Drowse. Hmmm. It is our last night and suddenly I remember, Mr. Council is back in Manila by this moment, he hasn’t texted me for a while except for some forwarded messages, and then I felt like crying again. The sturdy side of me protested – “I will play cards and there in Kuya Jan’s room, the presence of Mr. Simpatiko will SUREly put a smile.”

We headed to Kuya Jan’s room. The 1-2-3 pass card game started. The losing party will have to choose “truth” or “consequence”.

Initially, everybody opted “consequence” but Kuya Jan changed the rules. Penalty would be “truth” or “dare” (in its literal sense), by the change in the rules almost everybody chose “truth”.

I lost twice. My first admission was –

X: Who is your crush in the conference?

Daye: The guy wearing a yellow shirt yesterday.

Everybody tried to remember the “Hepa guy”, but they failed.

X: what’s the name?

Daye: Oooppps. I am only under obligation to say who was he, not what’s his name.

Second admission was:

Y: Describe who is he? (Hmmmmm, Mr. Y was not good in asking questions, this is a bad question in eliciting the desired information…in trial, it is irrelevant.)

Daye: He has a distinct personality. One who will stand-out in a crowd. His advocacy is admirable and a vegetarian.

I saw a stratagem grin in everyone yet I know the vegetarian thing will confuse everybody. (Anyway, I can extra-judicially confess, there is really a “Hepa guy” but he came second to Mr. Simpatiko and since I don’t want to incriminate myself. I lied. Haha.)

Mr. Simpatiko was likewise sanctioned, if I remember it right more than thrice. The most ‘kilig’ was:

(Since I was the last to be subjected to a ‘truth’ question, I will be the one to ask a question)

Daye: Who is the most special person you met in this conference?

Mr. Simpatiko: “IKAW.” (You…) (Followed by the most passionate look from his very capturing eyes that could melt even entire Alaska)

I ran out of words. I just heard everyone….. Uuuuuyyyyyyy….

to be continued…

Labels: , ,

posted by daye at 2:49:00 PM

2 Comments:

...ohmaygahd... can't help but to squirm...

2:05 PM  

hmmm... squirming monica....

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home