DAYEdalera

Monday, November 10, 2008

Chapter 6: Apple of my eye

Dinner time came. Crossing my fingers I approached Eric (he’s with Mr. Simaptiko) – “Eric can I join your table?” Eric obliged – “Sure, by all means…. So you can explain yourself for attending the mass alone earlier.”

Lumunok ako and said – “I didn’t saw Mr. Simpatiko eh. I thought he’s still asleep.”

Kuya Jan in his most smart teasing manner butted in and said – “I woke up early, 4am, took a shower, then you will leave me? That’s unfortunate.”

Lumunok ako ulit and turned my head towards Mr. Simpatiko – “Sorry.”

Mr. Simpatiko gave me a blunt look and said – “Ok lang.”

There’s something missing in his answer, I yearned to hear – “there will be next time”. I thought to myself – “OMG! My charm no longer works”

During dinner, usually Mr. Simpatiko gets me a glass of water from the drinking fountain. But that night, I was done eating and he has not taken an initiative yet. Well, I have to help myself. I composed myself and walked graciously away from the table heading to the drinking area. 1-2-3-4-5, I was counting seconds if Mr. Simpatiko will follow. Nada! I was disappointed.

I came across a girl named Mae, She asked me – “Do you like Mr. Simpatiko?” I thought “Yes, definitely.” but said – “We’re friends. We are both from KALIPI.”

Mae sarcastically lifted her eyebrow and asked again – “Is he courting you?” The bitch inside me would like to say – “Yes he’s eyeing me because it seems he doesn’t like you.” But the amiable self overruled the previous idea and instead replied – “No. we’re just friends” and turned my back on her.

Back at the table, I saw an apple in front of my seat; I learned it was from Mr. Simpatiko. Playing hard-to-get I told him – “I can’t bite apples, I have braces. Thanks anyway.” He grabbed the apple and approached a waiter to demand a knife and started peeling and slicing the apple bite-size. I can’t help but stare and admire him, to myself I said – “Oh! He’s such a gentleman.”

I don’t know what kind of spell that apple has, but afterwards Mr. Simpatiko became the apple of my eye.

to be continued…
posted by daye at 9:55:00 AM

5 Comments:

omg... mas masarap 'tong basahin kesa sa harlequin... haha..

10:47 AM  

Hmmm...

I am soliciting good comments for my blogoserye...

JK Rowling.. (from Eric)

Harlequin... (from Monica)

Should I change career?

10:49 AM  

carlo j. caparas hehehehe

1:54 PM  

carlo j. caparas hehehe

1:55 PM  

Pabs...

Advance ka! yung horror chapter ko chapter 8 pa eh...hehe.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home