DAYEdalera

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chapter 11: Sleepless in Cavite

About 5AM, Doris, Eric and I rode a tricycle from the resort to the main high-way, Mr. Simpatiko and Kuya Jan brought us to the terminal. I remember handing a ‘thank you note’ to Mr. Simpatiko stating – “thank you for making me feel like a real woman in the last few days and for being such a gentleman” (at least that’s the thought; I cannot remember the exact words…)

The bus came and we said ‘goodbye’ to Kuya Jan and Mr. Simpatiko. I left my Baguio goodies with him and he said he will leave it at the KALIPI-HQ. My mind protested – I thought he’ll take it to see me again in Manila?

At the bus, despite the ‘noisy’ sound the clutch created during shifts and the desire to sleep, I CAN’T. I AM WORRYING. I AM RESTLESS.

How am I to face Mr. Council? (I am so afraid to fall for him all over again if I happen to see his smile, hear him talk and more)

Was Mr. Simpatiko serious on me? (I am half-heartedly decided to give this person a chance should he prove himself worthy of it.)

Should I just focus on getting the ‘magna’ and FORGET both of them? (I detested the idea, I promised myself to get a boyfriend on my third year in college and the second semester has already started without any outstanding prospect. I think I have invested so much on Mr. Council. Hayhay.)

Doris and Eric were sound asleep like babies, while in between them was me rushing myself to grow up. I am always like that…RUSHING THE UNIVERSE TO CONSPIRE.

I discarded the idea and tried sleeping.

We reached Cavite about 2pm and ate our late lunch. Mileth was so excited to hear stories about Baguio and ‘girls like us’ won’t miss details. We chatted until midnight while Eric was sleeping so soundly. When Doris announced that we have to sleep, Melissa agreed. The ‘to sleep’ vote had it.

Left with no choice, I tried hard to sleep but the recent ‘dusk until dawn’ moments in Baguio has greatly affected my body clock. I CAN’T SLEEP.

At about four AM, I received a text from Kuya Jan – “I love you. – Mr. Simpatiko”

My heart and brain palpitated in a moment, but I know the text message was not from him, he told me blatant he never say "ILY" to court a girl, he says it ONLY when he meant it.

My instinct tells me – it was from Kuya Jan, Mr. Simpatiko’s bestfriend, persistently played ‘bridge’, ‘Mr. Cupid’ or ‘Dr. Love’ just to link me with Mr. Simpatiko and I know by that text message, he is trying to get circumstantial or corroborating evidence if I do like Mr. Simpatiko. Kuya Jan’s ploy must not work; it will mean the total destruction of my ‘I value courtship’ scheme.

I CAN’T SLEEP. I CAN’T SLEEP. I CAN’T SLEEP.

to be continued...

Labels: ,

posted by daye at 1:21:00 AM

2 Comments:

6:43 AM

parang sleepless in seattle lang po ah.. hehe
very inspiring blog entry....

11:11 AM  

Irene,

I don't know how the entry inspired you but I am thankful it did. ;)

Keep dreaming.

Maam Daye

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home