DAYEdalera

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Sigh of Relief

Officially, today, I already told the Boss that I am leaving soon...

I approached him with might, telling myself I should be strong enough to prevent myself from crying...

But, the moment he asked me - "Ano na? Ano na ang plano mo?"

I replied with a broken voice - "Magpapaalam po sana ako, Nag-apply po ako sa Law Firm and they already called me and I'm hired."

I pinched myself so that my tears won't fall...

He asked me the details of my 'prospective employer' and I told him honestly everything about it - the salary, the terms and my fears.

I talked to him like I was talking to my Lolo Pitong and when he smiled, I felt like a drum of tears is about to flow from my eyes. I tried to pre-empt my tears but my voice cannot hide the truth, I am about to cry.

The Boss gave me his most valuable 'opinio juris', an opinion which I know would make me the 'most talk-about lawyer in town' soon.

He wished my career all the best and said - "Congratulations."

In seconds, I know my tears will flow.

The Boss rose from his seat and headed out of his chambers and tapped my back.

The moment I went out of the chambers, my tears started falling as if I held it for so long..

And I sighed. I am relieved. I am soon to join a world of uncertainty. I am soon to start what I only dreamt about seven years ago. I am soon to appear in court and with pride to say I am defending a client zealously within the bounds of the law.

It doesn't matter what might the Boss is thinking about me right now, what matter to me is - If I am going to be missed by my co-workers, my friends at the SC and the most important person who gave me the best motivation to pursue my dream of justice, His Honor Associate Justice Antonio Eduardo B. Nachura.

It was not really goodbye, it was being hopeful I can face the Boss someday with pride and that he will be proud that I am his apprentice because to me he is the greatest mentor.
posted by daye at 5:02:00 PM

6 Comments:

Roomie! I am so sure he is so proud of you! He is sad to let you go but he knows he has to. :)

Kelan na tayo lunch? Fave pa rin ako ni Bosing eh. :( Kelan ka alis?

7:21 PM  

phoenixeyrie wrote 11-21-08 at 9:59 AM

well, congrats, Daye.

We all know naman its your destiny to be one of the best lawyers this country ever saw ^_^

Just wish I can do what you did.

9:13 AM  

Hi my angel roomie,

Fave ka nga ni Bossing mo kaya super busy, hopefully by december mas light na ang schedule natin...

I'm leaving january..

C you soon. Wala bang party ang 4C..hehe

9:15 AM  

Thanks kuya rob...

I'm taking JUST the first step. Trying to be courageous.

9:18 AM  

One great courage to do what you feel is best for you. God bless.

Ako puros courage, wlang best (-_-) heheh

6:27 PM  

Hi bunnz,

Being courageous is the first step of being your best. Dare yourself. ;)

Ate daye

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home