DAYEdalera

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Daye on Work

I have been employed several times. I loved all my work, I loved all my Boss, I loved my coworkers and that maybe the reason why work nevers seems to be "work" in its literal sense, it was more of having fun and doing things that I loved.

I worked in a political party, the Liberal Party of the Philippines from which I've met the best people and friends. There, I established a great network of government officials and a network of intelligent and proactive student and community leaders.

I worked for the government, four agencies in almost five years. In government I had a complete grasp of the three branches, the Legislative when I worked for the Commission on Appointments, the Executive when I was under the Office of the President and the Office of the Solicitor General and the Judiciary with the Supreme Court of the Philippines. In my government service, I completely embraced the system until one day I was wishing I could try the private sector.

My new work is my first taste of the private world. I am struggling everyday to find my place in the corporate world. I cannot tell exactly if I am not happy or I am adjusting still. My days suddenly becomes longer, working no less than 12 hours a day. I can no longer see the sun on Mondays to Fridays. I skipped breakfast or lunch to lessen the pile of work in my desk. My dreams at night are usually about my pending work or my fear of my new boss. My Saturdays and Sundays are shorter, I cry on Sundays when I am about to go back to Manila to face another long five days. In the corporate world, every work is about increasing your employer's wealth in the end that you may increase yours. In the office, there were no dull moments or showbusiness talk over lunch, I have no time to blog or to even express my sentiments. My afternoons suddenly became the busiest hours of my day, beating my time so that I can go home after seven, if not the office will welcome me for another two or three hours more.

As of now, I really cannot tell if I am not happy or still adjusting but one conclusion I have is "I never been this stressed before".
posted by daye at 7:55:00 PM

4 Comments:

kaya mo yan, ma'am daye.
go go go! >_<
isipin nyo na lang po at least may pinoproblema kang trabaho.. haha.

8:49 PM  

Roomie, I felt your pain during the short time we saw each other. You'd find your place under the sun soon. Thanks pala for calling me, tuliro ako nun sa kakahanap ng names. Ganun pala feeling sa SC grounds hehe.

Powerhug!

12:21 AM  

Tagging you, roomie!

http://pinktwistedhalo.blogspot.com/2009/04/6-things-that-make-me-happy.html

1:23 PM  

hi daye! welcome to the corporate world. >_< of course we're on a different field so i wont be able to understand your sentiments but i can cope up with the "no longer seeing the sun on Mondays to Fridays". hay hay, life! i hope to see u soon. enjoy holidays! ;)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home