DAYEdalera

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Chapter 12: Back to Reality

Thursday, (a week after I sought succor in Baguio City and its ‘magic’) straight from Cavite, I attended the first day of class. No professors were around yet as PUP always start classes ahead of the ‘All Saints Day’ holiday. In my three years, seldom a professor will attend classes on the last week of October. My classmates already declared an early dismissal after an hour of waiting.

I immediately took my bag and headed to W-211, the Student Orgs Office and there I saw Mr. Council who just glanced at me. Domeng, my VP External upon seeing me exclaimed – “Madame Pres, Kuya Mr. Simpatiko was looking for you earlier…were you able to see him?”

I said – “No. Where is he?” and the reaction of Mr. Council did not escape my eyes.

After which, I said – “Kuya Ritz, I think I found a BF prospect in Baguio” (giggling). Again, I saw Mr. Council frowned.

Kuya Ritz replied – “Be careful. You don’t know Mr. Simpatiko well.”

I just smiled. (While anticipating a confrontation scenario between me and Mr. Council and finally having the opportunity to tell his face, I am no longer into ‘IT’ – the no commitment set-up)

Then, I thought, Am I persuaded by the ‘love talk’? Am I starting to dump the ‘love without commitment’ and adopting the ‘commitment and courtship later’ method? Hmmmm.

In a while, I saw a very familiar face in the window. He was so hesitant to enter the office that I took the initiative to go out for him. We talked at the lobby, not facing each other. We are both facing the lagoon as if we are not comfortable with each other. I felt uneasy knowing that Mr. Council has a full-view of me and Mr. Simpatiko. It may be superfluous to state that I want him to be jealous, but I don’t want him to think I’m that ‘easy-to-get’ either…

Mr. Simpatiko said – “Your stuff is at the LPHQ, you can get it later. I might go home early.”

“Its ok.” I said. “I’ll get it later after some PSS paperworks.”

Then, he said ‘goodbye’.

When he walked away from me, I thought – if he looks back, I will give him a chance.

And just before he turned right to the stairs, HE GAVE ME A LOOK. HE SMILED. HE WAVED HIS HAND.

to be continued...

Labels: ,

posted by daye at 2:44:00 PM

2 Comments:

8:57 AM

When he walked away from me, I thought – if he looks back, I will give him a chance.. looking for signs..haha

11:10 AM  

SIGNS? I actually don't have much belief on signs...but I always do ask for signs..hehe ang gulo noh?

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home