DAYEdalera

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Chapter 14: Just Happened

The weekend passed without any thought in my mind but the series of events concerning Mr. Simpatiko, I was then watching a teenage-oriented show and at the same time wondering why ‘having a relationship’ was an issue if you are in college. I remember my favorite high-school teacher advising me to go get a boyfriend before I study law, as she said being a lawyer would make me beyond reach of cool guys and I will forever be involved with guys who are either has a girlfriend, married or could be a DOM, worst a single man who is not good looking.



I smiled and re-counted my standards and did my regular mind-tabulation:

1. Must be a Doctor, an Architect or and Engineer; (No, he is not qualified!)
2. Older by not more than four years my age; (Sakto!)
3. Surnames A-L, such as Ayala, Cojuangco, Gokongwei, and the likes… (3 notches short)
4. Good-looking is an ADVANTAGE. (Over-qualified!)
5. Can make me smile from start ‘til end of the day… (Definitely…)

I castigated myself, Mr. Simpatiko was not even courting me. He just proposed to be my boyfriend and the courtship will just follow if ever he’ll be.

It was Manic Monday, and it is expected that regular classes will start, all my professors was present so I had no chance to see Mr. Council at the office. Maybe its better, I can get away with his cold treatment after he learned that I am being linked with Mr. Simpatiko.

During lunch, Doris told me the ‘news’, she had committed herself to ‘Mr. Strepsils’ – That was fast. Really fast. I saw stars in her eyes and the sweetest smile she had since I met her. She talked about ‘it’ in manner a fairy tale storyteller could tell. I am happy for her.

In the afternoon, about 2:30, I am at the Extension Office trying to be so cool about the ‘icy treatment’ from Mr. Council when I received a call from Kuya Jan.

Kuya Jan: Daye, still in PUP?
Daye: Yes but I am suppose to leave at 3pm, we are moving in to a new apartment in V.Cruz.
Kuya Jan: Mr. Simpatiko told me, please wait for him.
Daye: I can’t.

I didn’t know that Kuya Jan was in his cellphone talking to me while at the same time talking to Mr. Simpatiko in the landline. Kuya Jan literally was the ‘bridge’, appropriately in current terms the ‘hub’.

Kuya Jan: (to Mr. Simpatiko) She can’t wait. She’s leaving by 3pm. (to Daye) Can’t you wait until 3:30?
Daye: I need to help my friends to move out and clean the new apartment. I promised to be there by 3PM.

Kuya Jan: Make it 3:30. He’ll be there.
Daye: Where is he coming from?
Kuya Jan: Tondo, Manila.
Daye: What??????!!!!!
Kuya Jan: For me, please, 3:30PM?
Daye: Ok ‘til 3:30.

About 3:30, no signs that Mr. Simpatiko is coming. I extended the time to 3:35, then, to 3:40. Further to 3:45 and exactly at the time I am preparing to leave, Mr. Simpatiko came.

to be continued...

Labels: , , ,

posted by daye at 2:44:00 AM

2 Comments:

ehem! ehem! sobra na si mr. simpatiko ha... laging bida sa blog mo:)

miss u.

love,
ate

10:57 AM  

Pagbigyan na natin si Mr. Simpatiko, ngayon lang sya nakakapagbasa ng blog ko eh...Pinapakilig ko lang. Haha.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home