DAYEdalera

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Daye in Wonderland

Last Monday I returned to work, I’m back at the SC and with the usual work.

Yeah! I must admit after 11 days of not working, it was difficult to get the energy to draft decisions again for the Boss, to read cases again and to prepare agenda for next week’s hearing session, but I love my job though its routinely nature prevents my dynamic self still I love it.

When I received two (2) new cases for agenda due on JANUARY 12 session (that’s my birthday, btw) my mind went to wonderland with the question:

“WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN, WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN IF….”

A. I continued my plan of leaving SC and joined the Makati-based Law Firm

Probably, I missed the 11 days vacation and partying because I am busy browsing my Remedial law books and notes and other stuffs, that I may be able to appear knowledgeable in Rules of Court when any Senior Partner would throw me an on-the-spot question.

Most likely, I wasn’t able to give gifts for relatives and friends, et.al. because I missed the benefits due to a government civil servant especially on December.

Further, I might have been started my year on January 2 at work.

B. The Boss was not able to find out sooner that I wasn’t able to pursue signing the Contract of Services with the firm

Surely, I will not tell him that fact and vacate my post by December 24, 2008 and start hunting for a new job and tighten the budget so that my savings will last until I found a new job.

C. I started my work at the Firm on January 2, 2009.

Gosh! Could have been me celebrating my birthday inside the Court attending a hearing just for postponement, driving around the city and meeting clients, or worst drafting pleadings until the wee hours of January 13.

Suddenly, I heard the Boss called “Daye….” And I’m back to reality.

He told me, he need additional updates for the book and he asked me to prepare his MCLE lecture materials and told me our office will be having a team-building seminar by May 2009 in Marabut, Samar.

Now, as I stroll in wonderland again the question I am pondering is:

“WHAT MIGHT THAT MEAN, WHAT COULD THAT MEAN?”
posted by daye at 2:36:00 PM

2 Comments:

Friendship isn't a big thing....,
....It's a million little things. ,

Thanks for the friendship.


HAPPY BiRTHDAYE!!

><(;>

6:35 PM  

Thanks Bunz! ;) My thanks to you also.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home