DAYEdalera

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Best and the Worst of 2008


JANUARY
:)

I stopped at 25. My most uncelebrated bday ever. Gil surprised me by sending flowers and gifts in PUP during my three consecutive classes. He never fails to amaze me.

Gil arrived on the 20th from Italy and we talked about some long-term plans.
Mom turned 70 and still look at her 50's and in pink of health. She is still the lovely Flor everybody loves and the best Mom only Extee, Kaye and Daye can have.

:(

The bar exam result waiting period officially started my sleepless nights and worrying state.
The bday surprise turned out not to be Gil's original idea, he was prodded by friends to do so.
"We" had the baptism of fire, the seventh year itch in a relationship they said. I thought we were both decided to break-up but neither one of us can find the word goodbye.
FEBRUARY

:)

My baby case at the SC was approved for ponencia with minor revisions. It was promulgated on the same month.

:(

Bar exam rumors are 16%, Hayhay. The bar result pressure was at its highest boiling point. My paranoia aggravated the pressure.Everybody became a 'dementor'.


MARCH

:)

I passed the 2007 Bar Examinations. The highest point of my life. It was almost nirvana.

:(

Letting Go or Holding on? The greatest dilemma I ever had. Thank God I have friends like Kuya Jan and Mommy Gette, they were the best listeners and was truly impartial.

APRIL

:)

I took my oath as lawyer.

I told Dad, I love Gil but he loves me more and Dad texted me his approval.

:(

Gil left for work abroad. (Still I'm not yet used to the 'airport goodbyes' eventhough I had this scenario several times already, my tears still fell.)

MAY

:)

I signed the Roll of Attorneys.


High school friends Zambales get-away and Owie hearting Ninang Daye.


:(

The Dilemma of a Bar Passer: WHAT TO DO?

JUNE

:)

I will be teaching "Introduction to Law" to PUP's PolSci Majors, challenging myself to encourage at least 50% of them to take up Law after BPS/BPAG.

:(

I started job-hunting but can't decide whether to leave the Boss and SC to find greener pasteur.

JULY

:)
Watching Cinderella and wishing my fairy godmother will grant my wish of a happily ever after love story.


:(

Oooppps.... there is an impending family feud.

Lola Amanda was hospitalized.


AUGUST



:)

I pre-qualify as Corporate Counsel in a big company in Mandaluyong.

:(

The company didn't hire me because of partisanship and conflict of interest.


SEPTEMBER
:)

Dad is 60 and officially a Senior Citizen.

KALIPI Congress.


2008 Bar Operations

Kuya Extee wrote a million dollar blog entry.

:(

Mom left for USA.

My raffle in the office seems to be never-ending.

OCTOBER



:)

Happy 8th!

My Siem Reap, Cambodia travel.

:(

Felt weary of legal work, family demands and long distance relationship.


NOVEMBER

:)

Moot Court Competition.

My Blogoserye was a hit. I received good comments and realized that can be an alternative career.

Gil arrived from Italy.

:(

I was HIRED in a law firm. I was TOLD to start firm work immediately. I DECLINED to start as I am NOT YET DONE with SC work. The Firm HIRED another lawyer. I LOST A JOB EVEN BEFORE STARTING.


DECEMBER

:)

Became busy with parties.

Ate Kaye passed the Step 2 of US Medical Licensure Exam.

My bestfriend arrived from Dubai and I got a very nice Christmas gift.

Christmas Bonus.

Gil had his first Christmas eve in our House.

HS Friends Get-Together


:(

Mom and Ate Kaye is in the USA and we miss them terribly.

CHRISTMAS EXPENSES.

My one month cough, colds, flu.

I am looking forward to another best year and hopeful to have worst things that will make me stronger and a better DAYE.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

posted by daye at 8:49:00 PM

4 Comments:

Mom daye,
kayo po ang isa sa pinakamgandang nangyari sakin sa 2008 nung mas nakilala at naging student nyo po ako.salamat po sa lahat sa naishare at natutunan ko po mula sainyo..kayo po ni you-know-who ang patuloy nagiinspired po samin.salamat po talaga!gagawin ko po lahat para di po kayo madissapoint po samin...Happy new year poh...

11:34 PM  

Thank you. My pleasyre being your teacher..

;)

See you soon.

9:56 PM  

Wish all the best for 2009 Daye and Gil. Miss you both so much.

2:46 PM  

We miss you too Eric. =)

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home